Booking Rooms for October 2021
If you are interested in booking a room at the historic Hawthorne Hotel for October 2021, please read the following information carefully. Rooms and rates for next October are not displayed on our website as we do not book stays more than one year in advance. There is a very high demand for weekends in October, and we offer returning guests the opportunity to re-book before making the rooms available to the general public. Don’t let the demand for rooms deter you! If you are able to visit during the week, you will find greater room availability and shorter wait times at popular attractions.
A non-refundable deposit representing one-night of your stay is required for all reservations that include a Saturday night in October. In the event you need to cancel your reservation, this deposit will be forfeited and kept by the Hawthorne Hotel as a cancellation fee. There is a two night minimum for weekend stays (Friday + Saturday or Saturday + Sunday) in October. During the week, however, we welcome guests who may be looking for a shorter visit.
If you wish to book a weekend in October 2021, rooms will be available to the general public (via the website or by calling the Front Desk) every Tuesday at 10:00 AM following the weekend, as noted below:
- Rooms for the first weekend in October (Friday, October 1 – Sunday, October 3, 2021) are currently available. There is a two (2) night minimum (Fri + Sat or Sat + Sun). Call the Front Desk 978-744-4080 to make your reservation for 2021.
- Rooms for the second weekend in October (Friday, October 8 – Sunday, October 10, 2021) are currently available. There is a two (2) night minimum (Fri + Sat or Sat + Sun). Call the Front Desk at 978-744-4080.
- The weekend of Friday, October 15 – Sunday, October 17, 2021 is the Endless Night Salem Vampire Weekend. See below.
- The weekend of Friday, October 22 – Sunday, October 24 is the hotel’s Halloween Ball Package weekend. See below.
- Rooms for Halloween Weekend 2021 (Friday, October 29 – Sunday, October 31, 2021) are available Tuesday, November 3 at 10:00AM . There is a two (2) night minimum (Fri + Sat or Sat + Sun).
Endless Night Salem: Vampire Weekend
The Endless Night Salem Vampire Weekend, presented by Father Sebastiaan and Vampfangs, is being held at the Hawthorne Hotel from Friday, October 15 – Sunday, October 17, 2021. This is a package weekend and includes tickets to the Vampire Ball. Please note that this event is taking up the entire hotel, including the restaurants. Several ticket packages are available, including a VIV Weekend Pass that grants you all access. Complete details about the event can be found here. Room reservations for Vampire Weekend can be made by calling the hotel at 978-825-4337.
2021 Halloween Ball
The 2021 Halloween Ball Package encompasses THREE NIGHTS: Friday, October 22, Saturday, October 23, and Sunday, October 24, (check-out on Monday, October 25.) The Halloween Ball will take place on Saturday, October 23. Any stays during this time period must include all three nights. There is no breaking up the package into smaller reservations. All reservations must be made through the 2021 Halloween Package Reservation Form which will be available in the upcoming days. Reservations for the Halloween Ball Package are only accepted via the Reservation Form, which can be emailed on January 6, 2021. Reservation forms received prior to this date will not be considered.
Returning guests do have the first opportunity to book this package. Guests who are NOT staying with us this year will be able to begin booking on January 6, 2021 via the Reservation Form that will be available on our website. All guests are charged a $300.00 non-refundable deposit at the time the Halloween Ball Package reservation is accepted.
Returning October Weekend Guests
Guests who are staying at the Hawthorne on a weekend in October 2020 are given the opportunity to book for 2021 while they are here. However, this is not a guarantee of room availability, only an option that they are allowed to exercise if the room they desire is available. Group rooms can be blocked more than a year in advance, so at times we may have certain room types unavailable even for our returning October guests.