The staff of the Hawthorne Hotel is dedicated to providing exceptional service to all of our guests, including individuals with disabilities. We strive to ensure that all persons have access to the amenities, services and accommodations offered by our hotel and its website.
Room accessibility features:
We offer 2 ADA compliant guest rooms — one on the 3rd floor and one on the 4th floor. These rooms include:
- Room 317: Superior Room with one queen bed, ADA roll-in shower, interior view
- Room 408: Deluxe Room with two queen beds, roll-in bathroom with tub
Both 317 and 408 provide:
- Elevator access to floor
- Extra wide doorways
- Extra space for mobility
- Grab bars in bathroom
- Telephones with flashing light
- Closed captioning on televisions
Items available upon request:
- Raised toilet seat
- Portable shower seats for ADA roll-in showers
If you would like to book one of our ADA compliant guest rooms or have questions about their features, please call our Front Desk at 978-744-4080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. When booking a room online, be sure to make a note that you wish to reserve one of our accessible rooms.
Property accessibility features:
- Two fully accessible guest rooms with mobility features
- Two fully accessible hotel restaurants
- Accessible parking spaces for cars in the self-parking lot
- Accessible public entrances
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrances to the guest registration area
- Elevators to guest room floors
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrances to the accessible guest rooms
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrances to meeting rooms and Grand Ballroom
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrances to both on-site restaurants
- Accessible rest rooms at Lobby level
- Service support animals welcome
The Hawthorne Hotel is also committed to providing a digitally accessible website to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing.
Certified age-friendly business:
The city of Salem is a member of the AARP’s national network and WHO global network of Age Friendly communities. The Hawthorne Hotel received designation as a certified Age-Friendly Business through the Salem for All Ages program. According to Salem for All Ages, an age-friendly business is one in which people of all ages and abilities can comfortably shop, dine, or receive services. These businesses intentionally act to make their spaces and their operations more inclusive for customers and patrons of all ages and abilities. Actions include three general steps:
· Staff: Ensure staff are respectful, patient, and well trained to interact with all individuals.
· Space: Provide resting areas, non-slip flooring, and other physical attributes to ensure all individuals are comfortable in the business.
· Communications: Use universal symbols, clear and readable typefaces, and other features in printed or digital materials.
If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our website or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, we are here for you. Please do not hesitate to contact the General Manager: email@example.com or 978-825-4300.